Strengthening of Environmental Administration and Management at the Local Level (SEAM-Nepal) is a bi-lateral project implemented in joint cooperation of Government of Nepal and Government of Finland. The overall objective of the Project is to improve environmental health of the bcncficiaries by reducing pollution of the environment in the project area. The project purpose is that good governance in environmental planning, pollution prevention, mitigation and monitoring is embedded in the local administration of the project are a and supported by national policies and guidelines. The project area includes 6 districts of the Eastern Development Region, and the head office is located in Dharan.
The project is seeking qualified candidates for the following positions:
1. Integrated Environmental Management/Solid Waste Management Expert (Duty Station: SEAM Nepal Head Office, Dharan)
Required Qualifications and Skills:
• Master’s Degree in Environment Management, Environmental Science, Engineering, Natural sciences related to environment and at least five years’ work experience in fields related to IEM/SWM (preferably in urban area).
• Professional training and experience in integrated environment and solid waste management.
• Professional work experience or hardware knowledge on landfill site assessment and selection would be an asset;
• Work experience of working in multi-sector organization related to IEM/ SWM would be an added advantage.
• Sound knowledge of BAT and other international techniques on IEM/SWM.
• Professional experience on training cycle such as Training Need Assessment, organization and facilitation of training related to environment.
• Knowledge on poverty alleviation through entrepreneurship and cooperative development in terms of solid waste management.
• Good knowledge of Nepalese administration and environmental legislation
• Excellent computer and English language (both written and spoken)skills.
2. Database/Website Manager (Duty Station: Mainly SEAM-N-MMA Environmental Laboratory Biratnagar(Environmcntal Service Centre), partly SEAM-Ncpal HcadOffice, Dharan)
Required Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Management, Information technology or other related fields.
• Candidates with a Master’s degree in Environment Science and demonstrated experience in database and/or website management and working extensively with environmental research data may also be considered.
• At least one year of work experience in the related field.
• Extensive experience in designing and/or management of databases and administering websites would be an extra asset.
• Experience of research on environmental sciences would be an asset.
• Experience with environmental database would be an advantage.
• Excellent report writing skills.
• Good knowledge of statistical tools for analysis of scientific researches.
• Good presentation and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
• Good team player as well as ability to guide small groups.
3. District Environmental Officer (Duty Station: Dhankuta DDC)
Required Qualifications and Skills
• At least Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Management or Environmental Engineering;
• Experience in environmental planning and management or environmental monitoring;
• At least 3 years of working experience in related field;
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Professional training in environmental assessment or management would be an asset;
In addition to the above mentioned criteria, all the aforementioned positions require experience in project management, experience in internationally financed projects, advanced computer skills and fluency in written and spoken English and Nepali.
Candidates fulfilling the above requirements are requested to submit their updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) with recent photograph, two professional references and an application letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Candidates applying for the position of Database Manager and IEM/ SWM Expert are requested to mention their cxpccted salaries. The maximum length of application letter including CV is five pages. Dead-line for the submission of applications is 11 May 2013.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. Original certificates should be presented during the interview.
Individuals from marginalized communities, disadvantaged groups and women are encouraged to apply. Canvassing at any stages of the process shall lead to automatic disqualification. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained. Please visit our website www.seam-n.com.np to find out the detailed Terms of Reference (ToR) of each position.